Tumbler user Mega Matt has been kind enough to share a photo of the beautiful looking New 3DS XL Majora’s Mask Edition and Skull Kid figure set up at the Nintendo World Store. Above you can see both the special edition new 3DS XL system, Skull Kid figure, game and their original packaging. Below is a beautiful close up of the Skull Kid figure included with the limited edition Zelda Majora’s Mask game.
During the Nintendo E3 Best Buy event I was able to get some time with The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. You’ll have to excuse the poor navigating of Link as I was testing the controls and gameplay out during the demo. It’s without a doubt that Wind Waker makes a beautiful transition to HD. The colours “pop” more then ever before and the way the sun reflects in the sky to the crisp texture details in the environment all add a new sense of depth to this classic entry in the series. The controls were fairly tight with the exception of entering a hole in the wall where I experienced a slight camera hiccup while trying to get Link to the other side. My overall time with the remastered HD Wind Waker was met with a positive view for the release scheduled this fall. I can’t help but dream about where the series will go next with Wii U’s HD console. Check out my hands on video below.
Despite many who thought Nintendo’s E3 Direct was rather bland and lacking the wow factor many expected, Nintendo did deliver on a rather safe but enjoyable looking line up for Wii U. Here’s an in depth recap of all the games Nintendo announced during the presentation.
Wii U Games Announcements
- SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD: Super Mario 3D World is a continuation of the series Super Mario 3D Land which was originally released on 3DS. For the first time in a 3D Mario game it will feature up to four players in multiplayer mode with either Mario, Luigi, Toad or Peach to choose from. Each character will feature their own unique ability such as Peach’s ability to hover in mid air, toad’s ability to run faster then others and of course Luigi’s classic long jump. The game will feature a brand new suit called the Cat Mario suit. The Cat Mario suite can perform new actions such as climbing up walls and scratching enemies with his claws. You can look out for the new Super Mario 3D World game this December.
- Mario Kart 8: Mario Kart 8 features a brand new gameplay mechanic called the anti gravity which has been implemented within the courses. With this new mechanic players can race upside walls and upside down creating a brand new dimension to the game. You can also race underwater, glide in the air or ride motorcycles like in Mario Kart Wii. The game will feature its classic online multiplayer mode and for the first time ever Miiverse integration. Through Miiverse players can share racing highlights via Miiverse. The feature is dubbed Mario Kart TV. Mario Kart 8 is set to launch in Spring 2014.
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: Earlier this year it was revealed that The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker would be making its way to Wii U as a completely remastered titles with updated HD visuals. Below is a new trailer showing off the latest in game footage of the upcoming Zelda title. Wind Waker will feature 1080p support, new shaders support to help visual expressions, refined texture graphics. The Tingle feature in the game has been upgraded to be used with Miiverse. Look out for Wind Waker this October.
- The Wonderful 101: The Wonderful 101 is an action game where a group of heroes and their leader battle against the space invader group who have started to attack earth. The hero features a mode called unit mode where the hero joins all partners together to form a giant special weapon which can be used to defeat large enemies and bosses. Unite mode can activated by using the gamepad to draw gestures which will determine how powerful your weapon is.The Wonderful 101 will be available on September 15th, 2013.
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is a new title by famed developers Retro studios which features Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong back at Donkey Kong Island which has been taken over by a new enemy. In order to save Donkey Kong Island, Donkey Kong must set off against the new set of enemies called Vikings from the North Sea. The game will feature new dynamic camera angles and HD visuals to help realize the world of Donkey Kong. Look out for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze this November.
- Bayonetta 2: During the E3 show Nintendo showed off the much anticipated Bayonetta 2 which is exclusive to Wii U. Bayonetta 2 will arrive in 2014. Check out the latest epic trailer below.
- X: From the creators of Xenoblade comes this new epic title X by Monolith Soft. X is an open world adventure game for Wii U. Look out for X in 2014. Check out the trailer below for a taste of this fantastic looking game.
- Super Smash Bros (Wii U & 3DS): Here is the latest trailer for the upcoming Super Smash Bros game for Wii U and 3DS. Super Smash Bros is set for release in 2o14.
- Wii Party U: Wii Party U is a collection of stand out board and party games that utilize the unique features of the Wii U Gamepad and Wii remote controllers. The game will feature 80 new and different mini games and the addition of a brand new mode called “Table Top Mini Games” which you can play using one Gamepad and two players. Wii Party U was originally supposed to be released this summer however the game is being delayed in order to take more time to work on the game. The new release window for Wii Party U is October of this year.
- Wii Fit U: Wii Fit U was originally slated for a summer release. Nintendo has decided to take more time to work on the game to help implement new features. The new scheduled release window for Wii Fit U is slated for a December launch.
- Art Academy: After Miiverse blew up into an artistic drawing endeavour by many Nintendo fans, Nintendo decided they would like to create a new Art Academy designed for Wii U artist in order to help better show off their drawings in Miiverse. Users will be able to use a host of drawing tools to show off their art work in Miiverse for the world to see. This new drawing tool will be available on the Wii U eShop this summer.
Here is a list of 3rd party Wii U and 3DS releases for 2013;
- Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (Wii U/October 29th, 2013)
- Batman Arkham Origins (Wii U/October 25th, 2013)
- Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate (3DS/October 25, 2013)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Directors Cut (Wii U/2013)
- Disney Infinity (Wii U/August 18th, 2013)
- Just Dance 2o14 (Wii U/October 8th, 2o13)
- Rayman Legends (Wii U/September 3rd, 2013)
- Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure (Wii U/Fall 2013)
- Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure (3DS/Fall 2013)
- Disney’s Planes (Wii U/August 6th, 2013)
- Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS/July 16th, 2013)
- Skylanders Swap Force (Wii U/October 13th, 2013)
- Skylanders Swap Force (3DS/October 13th, 2013)
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Wii U/August 20th, 2013)
- Sonic Lost World (Wii U/Holiday 2o13)
- Sonic Lost World (3DS/Holiday 2o13)
- Watch Dogs (Wii U/November 19th, 2013)
Here is a list of games set to arrive both Wii U and 3DS eShop in near future:
That wraps up some of the biggest highlights from Nintendo’s E3 conference. Stay tuned for more upcoming news as we get hands on with some E3 games this Saturday.
For those not aware two classic Game Boy Color games The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons will be arriving on the 3DS eShop on May 30th. Both games can be played separately but to achieve the best experience it is recommended they are played together. The games feature a link system that unlocks additional content that you would otherwise not have access to such as a different final boss. Both games will cost $5.99 each however Nintendo wants you to get your hands on both and to do so they are lowering the cost of each of game from $5.99 to $4.99 from May 30th to June 20th. So for less then ten dollars you can have two fantastic and classic Game Boy Color games.
Nintendo announced today they would be holding a Nintendo Direct in Europe focusing on upcoming Wii U and 3DS software. Nintendo of America has announced via Twitter that they too will be holding a Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning at 9AM PT and will also be focusing on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software for 2012-2013. If you would like to watch the Direct follow the link below.
Well it didn’t take long before Nintendo Powers final December issue cover was leaked into the wild. Above you can see the final cover is very reminiscent to the first cover issue back in 1988.
Nintendo Power has been in publication for 24 years and the last issue will be available on December 7, 2012. If your a subscriber and your subscription extends past the final issue, Nintendo Power will reimburse the remaining amount.
This reimbursement also applies to those who have received gift subscriptions, however the final amount will be returned to the person who gifted the subscription. Hats off to Nintendo Power for providing Nintendo Fans with entertaining reads, posters and other goodies over the years. You will be missed.
Warner Bros recently hinted at the possibility of classic Nintendo characters appearing in the upcoming Scribblenauts Unlimited. Today Warner Bros announced that the game will in fact feature dozens of Nintendo characters and items from the Mario and Zelda series. So far it looks like players will be able to use Yoshi, Peach, Luigi, Mario, Link, Zelda, Epona and Goron. WB has stated that Nintendo characters will not be able to be modified by using adjectives, but players can summon items like Karts, mushrooms and more to interact with.
Heres what WB had to say, “Players will delight in producing fantastical and sometimes hilarious interactions between the Mario and Legend of Zelda characters and objects, alongside everyone’s favorite word-wielding Scribblenauts adventurer, Maxwell.” “Discovered Nintendo characters and objects will behave in the fun and fantastical ways they do in their respective game worlds.” Scribblenauts Unlimited is set to release alongside the Wii U on November 18th.
A new teaser image has hinted that Mario and Zelda characters could appear in the upcoming Scribblenauts Unlimited game coming to Wii U and 3DS.
A couple of days ago Warner Brothers had posted this image and asked everyone to “guess who’s playing with Maxwell”. Warner Brothers stated that they would reveal the answer this Wednesday.
It sounds like you’ll be able to use these Nintendo characters to aid you in solving some of the new puzzles set in the game. Perhaps there will be some Nintendo themed puzzles with artwork looking similar to the above pictured characters or maybe Warner Bros will fashion Mario and Zelda characters Scribblenauts style. Stay tuned to find out the answer this Wednesday.
Namco Bandai revealed today that Tekken Tag Tournament on the Wii U would contain additional content specific to Nintendo’s console. There will be Nintendo themed power ups such as the Giant Mushroom and Poison Mushrooms available while fighting to make things a bit more interesting. Also, you’ll be able to dress your favourite Tekken character as your favourite Nintendo character. That is correct! You will have costumes available from famous Nintendo franchises allowing you wear Links famous green tunic or the majestic Princess Peach’s pink dress. Here are some images to give you a better visualization.