According to a questionable report from 4chan it appears that Rayman may be set for DLC in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. A video was leaked showing Rayman in the roster. The video seems to be pretty convincing and for those that remember a Nintendo employee from Canada seemed to imply that Rayman would be playable last August. Check out the video below.
Update: The video has been confirmed as a fake.
Despite many who thought Nintendo’s E3 Direct was rather bland and lacking the wow factor many expected, Nintendo did deliver on a rather safe but enjoyable looking line up for Wii U. Here’s an in depth recap of all the games Nintendo announced during the presentation.
Wii U Games Announcements
- SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD: Super Mario 3D World is a continuation of the series Super Mario 3D Land which was originally released on 3DS. For the first time in a 3D Mario game it will feature up to four players in multiplayer mode with either Mario, Luigi, Toad or Peach to choose from. Each character will feature their own unique ability such as Peach’s ability to hover in mid air, toad’s ability to run faster then others and of course Luigi’s classic long jump. The game will feature a brand new suit called the Cat Mario suit. The Cat Mario suite can perform new actions such as climbing up walls and scratching enemies with his claws. You can look out for the new Super Mario 3D World game this December.
- Mario Kart 8: Mario Kart 8 features a brand new gameplay mechanic called the anti gravity which has been implemented within the courses. With this new mechanic players can race upside walls and upside down creating a brand new dimension to the game. You can also race underwater, glide in the air or ride motorcycles like in Mario Kart Wii. The game will feature its classic online multiplayer mode and for the first time ever Miiverse integration. Through Miiverse players can share racing highlights via Miiverse. The feature is dubbed Mario Kart TV. Mario Kart 8 is set to launch in Spring 2014.
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: Earlier this year it was revealed that The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker would be making its way to Wii U as a completely remastered titles with updated HD visuals. Below is a new trailer showing off the latest in game footage of the upcoming Zelda title. Wind Waker will feature 1080p support, new shaders support to help visual expressions, refined texture graphics. The Tingle feature in the game has been upgraded to be used with Miiverse. Look out for Wind Waker this October.
- The Wonderful 101: The Wonderful 101 is an action game where a group of heroes and their leader battle against the space invader group who have started to attack earth. The hero features a mode called unit mode where the hero joins all partners together to form a giant special weapon which can be used to defeat large enemies and bosses. Unite mode can activated by using the gamepad to draw gestures which will determine how powerful your weapon is.The Wonderful 101 will be available on September 15th, 2013.
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is a new title by famed developers Retro studios which features Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong back at Donkey Kong Island which has been taken over by a new enemy. In order to save Donkey Kong Island, Donkey Kong must set off against the new set of enemies called Vikings from the North Sea. The game will feature new dynamic camera angles and HD visuals to help realize the world of Donkey Kong. Look out for Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze this November.
- Bayonetta 2: During the E3 show Nintendo showed off the much anticipated Bayonetta 2 which is exclusive to Wii U. Bayonetta 2 will arrive in 2014. Check out the latest epic trailer below.
- X: From the creators of Xenoblade comes this new epic title X by Monolith Soft. X is an open world adventure game for Wii U. Look out for X in 2014. Check out the trailer below for a taste of this fantastic looking game.
- Super Smash Bros (Wii U & 3DS): Here is the latest trailer for the upcoming Super Smash Bros game for Wii U and 3DS. Super Smash Bros is set for release in 2o14.
- Wii Party U: Wii Party U is a collection of stand out board and party games that utilize the unique features of the Wii U Gamepad and Wii remote controllers. The game will feature 80 new and different mini games and the addition of a brand new mode called “Table Top Mini Games” which you can play using one Gamepad and two players. Wii Party U was originally supposed to be released this summer however the game is being delayed in order to take more time to work on the game. The new release window for Wii Party U is October of this year.
- Wii Fit U: Wii Fit U was originally slated for a summer release. Nintendo has decided to take more time to work on the game to help implement new features. The new scheduled release window for Wii Fit U is slated for a December launch.
- Art Academy: After Miiverse blew up into an artistic drawing endeavour by many Nintendo fans, Nintendo decided they would like to create a new Art Academy designed for Wii U artist in order to help better show off their drawings in Miiverse. Users will be able to use a host of drawing tools to show off their art work in Miiverse for the world to see. This new drawing tool will be available on the Wii U eShop this summer.
Here is a list of 3rd party Wii U and 3DS releases for 2013;
- Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (Wii U/October 29th, 2013)
- Batman Arkham Origins (Wii U/October 25th, 2013)
- Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate (3DS/October 25, 2013)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Directors Cut (Wii U/2013)
- Disney Infinity (Wii U/August 18th, 2013)
- Just Dance 2o14 (Wii U/October 8th, 2o13)
- Rayman Legends (Wii U/September 3rd, 2013)
- Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure (Wii U/Fall 2013)
- Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure (3DS/Fall 2013)
- Disney’s Planes (Wii U/August 6th, 2013)
- Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS/July 16th, 2013)
- Skylanders Swap Force (Wii U/October 13th, 2013)
- Skylanders Swap Force (3DS/October 13th, 2013)
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Wii U/August 20th, 2013)
- Sonic Lost World (Wii U/Holiday 2o13)
- Sonic Lost World (3DS/Holiday 2o13)
- Watch Dogs (Wii U/November 19th, 2013)
Here is a list of games set to arrive both Wii U and 3DS eShop in near future:
That wraps up some of the biggest highlights from Nintendo’s E3 conference. Stay tuned for more upcoming news as we get hands on with some E3 games this Saturday.
Nintendo took to Twitter this morning to invite those who would like to take a minute out of Valentines Day tomorrow to view a new Nintendo Direct for America and Europe. Surprisingly Nintendo of Europe’s Direct will be focused solely on 3DS Whether this is due to struggling Wii U sales in Europe has yet to be confirmed. Nintendo stated this Nintendo Direct will be focused on Wii U and 3DS games at 6AM PST.
President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata announced that while Smash Bros is a huge undertaking by the company, they intend to show off some screen shots during this years E3 gaming conference. Mr. Iwata informed fans of the series to be patient on the release date and trailers for the game. Heres what Mr. Iwata had to say:
Smash Bros is a huge development undertaking and we need more time before it launches. Mr Sakurai told us that we have set the timing for the first screens at this year’s E3. Please wait for just a little longer.
Well it didn’t take long before Nintendo Powers final December issue cover was leaked into the wild. Above you can see the final cover is very reminiscent to the first cover issue back in 1988.
Nintendo Power has been in publication for 24 years and the last issue will be available on December 7, 2012. If your a subscriber and your subscription extends past the final issue, Nintendo Power will reimburse the remaining amount.
This reimbursement also applies to those who have received gift subscriptions, however the final amount will be returned to the person who gifted the subscription. Hats off to Nintendo Power for providing Nintendo Fans with entertaining reads, posters and other goodies over the years. You will be missed.
As the years go on the internet and it’s followers grow and adapt to the changing world and so subscription magazines are become less and less relevant. More and more magazines are closing up shop due to changing times. The most recent victim, Nintendo Gamer Magazine. The Nintendo centric magazine has been around since 1992, although it’s gone through a number of name changes. The magazine was originally Super Play and continued on through N64, NGC and NGamer. It’s sad to see yet another beloved video game magazine disappear but Nintendo Gamer is going out with a bang! Looking at the Wil Overton illustrated cover of their final issue (above) they tease possible information on Nintendo fan favourites Samus, Link and Mario. Also, news on Starfox, Pokemon 3DS and even F-Zero is mentioned. It looks like the magazine will have a huge information blowout so make sure to check it out.