Nintendo has finally confirmed the release date for the long awaited Flipnote Studio 3D. Flipnote Studio 3D is set to release on 3DS in North America in early August of this year. If the release date news wasn’t good enough the application will be entirely free and feature two community services. Here’s the full details listed below.
Flipnote Gallery: Friends
- You can create an online gallery and invite your friends to visit and participate.
- Up to 20 people, including you, can participate in each gallery.
- You can post comments, rate flipnotes and download your favorite flipnotes to your Nintendo 3DS.
- You can have up to two galleries open at any given time. Each gallery will be available for 15 days. When one closes, you can open another.
Flipnote Gallery: World
- Flipnote Gallery: World is a paid community service where users can share flipnotes with other Flipnote Studio 3D users from all around the world. The first 30 days of use will be a free trial period. After the free trial, you will need to buy a pass for $0.99 every 30 days to participate. Flipnote Gallery: World will be available free between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- You can post comments, rate flipnotes and download your favorite flipnotes to your Nintendo 3DS. For these activities, you need coins. A certain number of coins are included when you buy a pass.
- You can collect points through activities in Flipnote Gallery: World. After collecting a certain number of points, you will receive a pass, good for the next 30 days. There are two types of points – Coin Points and Collectors’ Points. Coin Points can be collected when you post flipnotes. Collector’s Points can be earned by introducing flipnotes that gain popularity within the community.
Collect Coin Points as a Flipnote Creator:
- Earn good ratings by posting quality flipnotes. You will receive Coin Points based on how well your flipnotes are rated by the community. After earning a certain number of Coin Points, you will receive a pass to participate over the next 30 days for no additional charge.
Collect Collector Points as a Flipnote Collector:
- There are other ways to earn points besides creating flipnotes. You can participate in the community as a collector. A collector finds and rates quality flipnotes and creates a collection. Your collection will be shared with other users. When a lot of visitors view your collection, you’ll earn Collector’s Points. If you earn a lot of Collector’s Points and get a high Collector’s Ranking, you may be awarded a pass to participate over the next 30 days at no additional charge.
Source: Flipnote Studio page