In light of Nintendo’s press conference, Darksiders 2 has been slated to launch along side the Wii U on November 18th. Producer of Darksiders II, Ryan Stefanelli, said of Darksiders II on Wii U:
“We are delighted that Wii U owners will be able to experience the vast world of Darksiders II at launch. The unique Wii U GamePad adds a whole world of possibility that we will be taking advantage of in this title.”
The game will feature 5+ hours of additional content and will have the following features on Wii U:
- Argul’s Tomb – The game’s first downloadable content pack featuring a unique area, three new dungeons and new weapons and armor to collect.
- Death Rides Pack – Three new side-quests for the Darksiders II campaign.
- Angel of Death & Shadow of Death packs – New legendary armor and weapon choices for the player early in the game.
- Deadly Despair Pack – Upgraded horse speed boost.
- Additional unique legendary weapon and armor sets for the player to use from the start of the game.
- Play Death – Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven or Hell.
- Epic Universe – Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
- Player Choice & Customization – Thousands of weapon and armor items, three diverse specialisations, along with customizable Harbinger & Necromancer Skill Trees allow players to create their own Death.
- Replay-ability – Side quests, vast open world, endless equipment combinations, Skill Tree customization and leveling system offer compelling reasons to play through Darksiders II again and again.
- Traversal – Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before.
- Unique DRC Functionality – Play Darksiders II like never before using the WiiU DRC screen to instantly access inventory and abilities.